The African Leadership Magazine is pleased to announce a call for nominations into various categories for the 2021 African Business Leadership Awards (ABLA).
The African Business Leadership Awards is African Leadership Magazine’s flagship event, organised to recognize exceptional corporate practices and glamorously celebrate these outstanding achievers in Africa’s business landscape and its private sector.
The 2021 edition themed: Africa 4.0: Redefining Growth, Innovation and Sustainability will especially recognize business leaders, visionaries and innovators that continue to shape African economies; and drive today’s leading businesses that are making outstanding contributions to Africa’s economic development with highly commendable responses to the COVID event, using business as a force for good, by demonstrating resilience, determination and commitment to the continent. The awards is in keeping with our tradition of presenting the sides of the continent’s businesses and leaders, which hardly finds placement on global media platforms – celebrating exemplary business leaderships on the continent.
This call for nomination is the first stage in a 3-step points-based selection process that includes: a call for nomination; a call for voting for shortlisted nominees; and the editorial board’s final review of the nominations and voting submissions – using supporting evidence and voting considerations in their final decisions for African Business Leadership Awards 2021 winners.
The African Business Leadership Awards comprises of 16 distinctive categories for nominations and voting; and winners of the each categories of the Awards, after the editorial board’s review and recommendations, shall be presented with an award trophy and formally decorated with the instruments of the honor at the Invest In Africa Summit 2021 (virtual), scheduled to hold (Virtual) on September 16-17, 2021.
2021 Selection Process Timeline
- Call for award nominations open on Tuesday 13th July 2021
- Deadline for submitting nominations on 24th July at 12:00 noon (BST)
- Call for voting of shortlisted nominees opens on Monday 26th July
- Voting closes on Monday 9th August at 12:00 noon (BST)
- Editorial board reviews of all nominations and voting submissions from Wednesday 11th to Friday 13th August 2021
- Winners to be announced on Monday 16th of August 2021
The 16 categories for nominations are therefore as below:
- AFRICAN BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR 2021
This award recognizes the exceptional business leader whose vision, innovations and management abilities have helped steer his company successfully in both his home country and in the Global market place, driving growth, and providing leadership in Africa’s COVID-19 response to date.
2. AFRICAN FEMALE BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes exceptional leadership and managerial skill in a female business leader, who in spite of stiff competition in a male dominated world, has shown resilience, courage and sagacity in building a worthy brand.
3. AFRICAN REGULATOR OF THE YEAR
This Award recognizes a government regulatory agency for its effective regulatory framework or policy initiatives and programs, implemented across national or regional levels that encourages action beyond compliance with applicable laws, enhances stakeholder’s engagement and contributes to the growth of the National or Regional/States brand through practical impact on the people.
4. BUSINESS FRIENDLY GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
This award recognizes a States or Regional governor who has been able to drive investment into his/her state/region, remarkably increasing the commercial activities of his state /region since assumption of office.
5. CENTRAL BANK GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Central Bank Governor of the year award recognizes those who have led their countries’ economies through what has been another tumultuous year and having been able to stimulate growth and stabilize their macro-economic environment, thereby boosting investor confidence.
6. AFRICAN INSPIRATIONAL BUSINESS LEADERSHIP AWARD
This award recognizes and celebrates inspirational business leadership at a time of change. The recipient is one who has displayed characteristics of energizing and creating a clear sense of and purpose for others during a period of disruptive change
7. AFRICAN TRADE & INVESTMENT MINISTER OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes an African Trade & Investment Minister, whose innovation; hard work and success can be seen in increased flow of FDIs, enhanced export capabilities for their local products in reaching new markets through the increase of the volume and impact of exporting their local products or services.
8. AFRICAN CEO OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes top CEOs who by dint of hard work, business savvy and outstanding managerial skills are building strong pan-African brands, creating jobs and shared prosperity for its stakeholders and our communities.
9. YOUNG BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD
This award recognizes a young African business leader, 40 years of age or below, whose outstanding business successes and verifiable business journey have made them role models and inspirational success stories in the market place.
10. AFRICA CSR & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IMPACT AWARD
This Award recognizes businesses whose profits have been effectively channeled to impacting their communities through their corporate social responsibility contributions to the arts, education, environment, and community development, making societal impact a corporate priority.
11. AFRICAN BRAND OF THE YEAR
This Award recognizes the exceptional African Brand that has proven sustainability of brand essence and identity, with verifiable distinctiveness, originality, and deep loyalty base.
12. AFRICAN COMPANY OF THE YEAR
(Bank, Telecoms, Airline, Manufacturing, etc.): This Award recognizes companies who have made a mark in their industry sectors through uncommon customer service, innovative products offering, community impact or technological offering, and concrete societal impact.
13. INDUSTRY PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
(ICT, Banking, Telecoms, Aviation, Retail, Business, etc.) This Award recognizes the individual whose vision and innovations have become drivers of growth in particular industry sectors and permanently impacted the way of doing business in that particular sector.
14. COVID-19 RESPONSE BUSINESS HERO AWARD
Open to businesses that have responded significantly to the global pandemic and pivoted the way they operate to be a force for good.
15. AFRICA BUSINESS INTEGRITY LEADER AWARD
Open to organizations who have consistently done business with integrity in line with globally acclaimed best practices, with strict adherence to extant laws, governmental policies, and regulatory frameworks.
16. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
This Award recognizes and honors the business leader who has, during his or her decades-long career, made significant contributions in shaping, growing and developing the economic landscape.
How do I make a nomination?
- Nomination for any one, some or all of the categories may be sent by email to email@example.com; by direct messages (DM) to any of our social media platforms; or by post to our head office address below, no later than July 16, 2021;
- Nominations should clearly state the following:
- full names of nominee
- category of nomination
- other accompanying or supporting evidence in the form of documents, online links, videos, etc.
- contact details of either or both the nominating person or nominee so contact may be made for supporting evidence of claims, if needed.
- Nominations may be shared on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn using the hashtag #ALMABLA.
Who can make a nomination?
- Africans and friends of Africa from across the globe.
- Self-nomination is allowed.
- Organizations can also make nominations.
For more information on our services please contact our office,
African Leadership Communications Limited
C/O African Leadership (UK) Limited
Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth, PO2 8FA
Tel: +44 7464 350969, +44(0)23 9265 8276