London- January 25, 2024.
In a groundbreaking event held at the House of Lords in London, the African Leadership Magazine hosted the Global African Partnership Forum (GAPF) 2024, leaving an indelible mark on the landscape of global African partnerships. The forum unfolded from 12 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. and brought together visionary leaders, industry experts, investors, and decision-makers from around the world. The event serves as a catalyst for alliances, collaborations, and connections that promise to impact the political and corporate spheres of Africa significantly.
Key Objectives and Themes: The GAPF 2024 was designed to achieve several key objectives, including:
- Enhancing African Global Partnerships: Recognising the diversity, tenacity, and promise of Africa and its international partners and investors.
- Investment and Deal Options: Exploring myriad options for partnerships, investments, and collaborations across various industries.
- Breaking Down Industrial Barriers: Encouraging interdisciplinary connections and comprehensive problem-solving through cross-sectoral engagement.
- Inspiration and Innovation: Providing perspectives that challenge preconceived notions, provoke unique ideas, and stimulate creative thought.
- Networking Hub: Establishing a distinctive environment for communication, collaboration, and the formation of enduring partnerships.
- Thought leadership: serving as a testing ground for innovative concepts and future paths for the advancement of Africa’s social, economic, and technological sectors.
Key themes explored during the forum included:
- Technology and Innovation: Delving into the transformative impact of these factors on various industries across the continent.
- Sustainable Development: Examining Africa’s path towards sustainable development, considering social, economic, and environmental aspects.
- Inclusive Economic Analysis: Scrutinising inclusive economic models that uplift neglected populations and reduce inequality.
- Entrepreneurship and Businesses: Highlighting the vibrant ecosystem of entrepreneurs and discussing how to create a supportive atmosphere for businesses.
- Governance Frameworks: Examining efficient governance frameworks, methods, and policies that promote stability and prosperity.
- Cultural Renaissance: Celebrating Africa’s rich cultural legacy and leveraging it to spur innovation and economic expansion.
Some Distinguished Speakers and Award Recipients:
- Baroness Sandip Verma: Renowned politician and distinguished member of the UK House of Lords, Baroness Verma, contributed her expertise to the forum’s central theme. Currently serving as the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for International Development, she brought invaluable insights to the discussions.
- Adewale P. Obadare’s keynote speech was instrumental in shaping discussions, challenging conventional wisdom, and sparking originality to foster inventive thinking across various sectors. His address focused on promoting sustainable development and progress in Africa. A special business commendation award was presented to Dr. Peters by Baroness Verma Sandy for his excellence in cybersecurity, governance, risk, and compliance, along with a U.S. Congressional commendation from South Carolina. Dr. Peter’s dedication to learning brought a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Global African Partnership Forum.
- Professor Antonio Andreoni: A leading expert in development economics and professor at SOAS University of London, Professor Andreoni delivered a keynote address focusing on collaboration, innovation, and partnerships in Africa.
- Professor Miranda Brawn: A luminary in law and finance and founder of the Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation, Professor Brawn was officially conferred with the prestigious Top 50 Afro-Caribbean Leadership Award. The recognition showcased her outstanding contributions and marked a momentous occasion.
- Rachel Wang: Co-director and co-founder of Chocolate Films, Rachel Wang, received the Top 50 Afro-Caribbean Leadership Award for her exceptional contributions to advancing diversity and enhancing representation within the film and art industries.
- Tony Tiyou, CEO and founder of Renewables in Africa, received the esteemed Top 50 Afro-Caribbean Leadership Award for his outstanding contributions to the renewable energy sector. His dedication to providing sustainable power solutions to the continent through renewables in Africa was recognised.
- Dr. Gbadamosi: A seasoned marketing professional and trusted researcher, Dr. Gbadamosi contributed valuable insights, holding prestigious memberships in key organisations.
- Professor Andersen: A renowned think tank expert in business model innovation and policies related to artificial intelligence, Professor Andersen’s keynote address brought valuable perspectives.
- Rosalyn Myers: With a distinguished career in law and community activism, Rosalyn Myers has earned widespread recognition for her impactful contributions.
- Mr. Sanjeev Gopaul, CEO and Director at Credentia International Management Ltd.,’s multifaceted experience and leadership roles positioned him as a thought leader in business and corporate governance.
Details of their engagements are in their press releases published on ALM’s online magazine page.
The Next GAP forum Scheduled for November 29, 2024, is another opportunity to be part of this Global event.
About African Leadership Magazine:
Published by the African Leadership Organization (UK), the African Leadership Magazine has dedicated itself to promoting impactful leadership and African opportunities globally for the past 16 years. Through quality Afro-positive content, African trade facilitation, market entry solutions, Afro-centric communities, business networking platforms, and public sector training and consulting, the organisation continues to present the best of Africa to a global audience.
The GAPF 2024, organized by the African Leadership Organization, promises to leave a lasting legacy as a driving force behind innovation, economic growth, and sustainable development across the African continent.
King Richard is the editor of African Leadership Magazine and can be reach via email