Korea, Mozambique Partner to Boost Water System

  • 0


The government of Mozambique has recently signed an agreement with Korea to boost the water system of the capital town of Gaza province, Xai-Xai.

Present at the signing with took place Monday, was Pedro Paulino, General Manager of Water Supply Investment and Assets Fund (FIPAG) and Nam Kwang Hee President of the Korea Environmental Industry and Technology Institute (KEITI).

Records of an ample survey done by FIPAG show that 139,000 out of 235,000 people in Xai-Xai have access to clean water, showing 60% coverage and the remaining 40% are left without potable water.

Based on the agreement, Seoul will provide 700,000 US dollars to finance feasibility studies for the towns of Nampula and Lichinga and water demand studies which covers a quality and detailed research of water resources, assessment of social and environmental factors, pointing out better alternatives with financial and economic analysis and a Master Plan for the next 20 years.

The head of Planning and Cooperation Directorate in the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Water Resources, Umberto Gueuze said, “It is our belief that this investment, with the support of the Republic of Korea, will contribute to the identification of the necessary interventions to increase the number of water supply infrastructures in order to meet the demand”.

Water supply demand will be deliberated on based on some features such as; consumption rate, population growth forecasts, economic development and water resources, and alternatives for future 20 years.

The outcome of these calculations will determine the number of funds allocated for the expansion of water supply systems, including infrastructures for water abstraction, transport, storage, and distribution.

Jamaican Sprinter Wins Hurdles World Title
Prev Post Jamaican Sprinter Wins Hurdles World Title
Kenya to Expand Regional Trade Through Road Network
Next Post Kenya to Expand Regional Trade Through Road Network