The importance of maritime transport cannot be undermined since it remains the most feasible means for facilitating trade between continents and islands. Its role is particularly enhanced in Africa whose exports are made of largely primary unprocessed commodities. Bulky agricultural and natural produce. About 90% of the total trade of Africa is seaborne.
The Forum will proffer:
- Solutions to the numerous security challenges hampering the growth of the maritime industry and economic activities in African region.
- Create an avenue of cooperation for the maritime sectors in Africa to share and deploy required resources needed to tackle security challenges in the industry.
- Explore modern cutting edge engineering and technology tools, in tackling maritime challenges; so far there has been much publicity surrounding the use of armed guards at sea: but much less on how engineering and technology can play in reducing the sea terrorism threat.
- Create a unique networking opportunity for maritime stakeholders from African region and the international community to deliberate on what is obtainable in securing their investments on and off the shore.
- Address the critical need for increased industry cooperation and coordination through the sharing best practice, while helping participants to indentify the support that is available and practical steps that can be taken to reduce vulnerabilities.
Who should attend?
- Oil & Gas Operators
- Ship & Vessel owners/Oil &Gas support services
- Private Security(International & Local)
- Technology Providers
- General Public affected or interested
For more information on how to participate at this Forum as a Speaker, panelist, attendee or sponsor, please contact:
African Leadership Magazine