African Leadership Magazine
Special Africa Volunteer & Internship Program (SAVIP)
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS AND INTERNS
Do you have a passion for Africa the motherland? Do you wish to contribute to the continent’s growth story by volunteering for the African Leadership magazine or serving as an intern in one of our locations? Do you want a chance to gain invaluable media work experience in our Abuja Nigeria or Portsmouth UK Office – across diverse segments of our work scope?
In a bid to expand coverage of local and international African news and African issues around the world, and create opportunities to work for many more people to gain hands-on professional experience and develop networks for their career future, African Leadership magazine is pleased to announce that our Special Africa Volunteer & Internship Program (SAVIP) shall be accepting applications from interested applicants for volunteer and internship work for the magazine for periods ranging from 2 weeks to 12 months.
Volunteers and Interns shall be given opportunities to choose their preferred area of work from the following list – social media, story writing, copy-editing, interviewing, graphics design, project management, advertising and sales, events management and planning and site visitations. Applicants for internship should be willing and able to work in either of our locations in Abuja, Nigeria or Portsmouth, United Kingdom; while Applicants for volunteerism may be residents in any city in the world (whether in Africa or outside Africa) and must commit to a minimum of two (2) hours a week volunteer work for the magazine. Preference will be given to those with additional availability or skills set.
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP & VOLUNTEERING
- Certificate of International work experience for period spent at the magazine
- Opportunity to work in the various departments in the organization and gain requisite experience and professional development
- Opportunity to network and meet top African political and business leaders
- Opportunity to be retained as a full time staff based on satisfactory performance
- A special coverage of the work or charity of your choice / or yourself in the African Leadership magazine and our social media channels celebrating you as our “Unsung Heroes” in recognition of your contributions
WHO CAN APPLY
- Students of journalism, or people with passion for Africa and/or sales and marketing, writing, and project management
- Someone with Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, initiative, good problem solving skills, and an enthusiastic, responsible approach to unsupervised work are necessary.
- Anyone who is simply passionate about African and wish to give back – with his/her time
To apply send a letter expressing your interest alongside a copy of your resume to email@example.com not later than Saturday 29 June 2019. More update shall follow on our Facebook page. Pre-screened candidates shall be contacted with follow-up screenings.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Internship is unpaid, but provides applicants with requisite working experience. (However, there shall be a monthly stipend or transport allowance for interns only)
- Volunteerism is also unpaid, but volunteers shall qualify for periodic all-expense trip to African event venues with opportunity to meet and interface with African leaders across all shades of thought, and be appreciated uniquely for performance.
- All volunteers and interns who perform well may be retained if they so desire.