In line with African Leadership Magazine’s commitment to promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and development, the board has approved the commencement of the annual Nigeria Good Governance Poll, with the Call for nominations. The board’s approval is coming on the heels of the successful hosting of two previous editions of the Poll, which has become a veritable tool for measuring performance among Nigeria’s state and regional leaders. The Winners of the Good Governance Poll shall be presented with instruments of honour and award in front of over 200 political, business and diplomatic leaders in New York, at the sideline of the United Nations General Assembly Meeting. They will be decorated during the Annual International Summit on African Leadership, billed to hold on the 25th September 2018. The Poll opens this year with a Call for Nomination in 5 categories and shall be followed by voting and announcements of winners. Nominations are welcomed in the following categories:
- BEST GOVERNOR – GRASSROOTS & PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
This award is given to the State Chief Executive/Governor, with the highest number of verifiable grassroots oriented development projects.
- Volume of grassroots oriented projects/impact in the last 3 years
- Innovative grassroots empowerment program in the last 3 years
- BEST GOVERNOR – INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT
This award is given to the State Chief Executive/Governor, with the highest number of statewide executed/on-going infrastructure projects in the last 2 years
- Volume of statewide completed and on-going projects in the last 3 years
- Transparent management of state resources for Infrastructure Development
- BEST GOVERNOR – EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This award is given to the State Chief Executive/Governor, with the most investment in support of education development in the last 3 years __________________________________________________________
- Investment in the support and promotion of qualitative education
- Sound policies towards the support of education in the last 3 years
- BEST GOVERNOR – PEACE & SECURITY
This award is given to the State Chief Executive/Governor, with the highest investment in security infrastructure in the last 3 years __________________________________________________________
- Investment in the security
- Low crime rate
- ALM OVERALL BEST GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR
This award is given to the overall Best State Chief Executive/Governor, for the year under review
- Demonstrated success and achievements in grass roots development; security; education and Infrastructure
- ALM NIGERIAN LAWMAKER OF THE YEAR
This award is given to Lawmaker who sponsored the most people oriented bill for the year under review
- Demonstrated success in initiating, promoting and sustained efforts towards the passage of one or more people oriented bill in the 8th National Assembly
- FEMALE GOOD GOVERNANCE ICON
This award is given to a Female Political Leader whose engagement has led to improved visibility fo women in politics __________________________________________________________
- Demonstrated success in promoting gender issues and representing women interest in Nigeria’s Political landscape.
- BEST PUBLIC INSTITUTION OF THE YEAR
This award is given to the most proactive government institution in Nigeria, __________________________________________________________
- Simplified administrative process, responsiveness and high delivery on government’s mandate
As our greatest stakeholders, our subscribers, followers and partners in Nigeria reserve the first right in the selection process.
Nominations may be sent via our Facebook page; email to email@example.com; hard copy letters/submissions to our Nigeria or UK offices (The 2018 Selection Committee, African Leadership Magazine, 13 Mambilla street, Off Aso drive, Asokoro NIGERIA Abuja OR Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth PO2 8FA, United Kingdom) or by posting directly on our social media platforms (for our social media followers only); or on our website by following this link; https://www.africanleadershipmagazine.co.uk/nominate-for-an-award/
Additional Supporting Documents could include:
- A nominating letter/Email to the chairman of the ALM Good Governance Award Selection Committee, indicating the nomination category
- A summary detailing the relevant achievements of the candidate (maximum 2 – 3 pages)
- A curriculum vitae; and any other supporting documents, links, media coverage, etc
Nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee and the Editorial board; and a shortlist of nominees would be unveiled in the various categories after an assessment and verification of claims and submission. Nominations closes on Friday 6th July 2018 at midnight Central African time.
About the Polls
The Good Governance Poll, instituted by African Leadership Magazine UK, is in line with the magazine’s objective of providing credible information and support to leaders in Nigeria and Africa at large. The Poll is part of the group’s strategic engagement tool designed to monitor, performance; gauge the mood of the electorates; promote good governance, as well as engender peer review amongst leaders in Nigeria and Africa at large. The Good Governance Poll, is particularly important in Nigeria, following the country’s prevailing realities. While some Governors and political leaders / public institutions in the country have been unable to meet their obligation to the electorates, others have been ingenious in managing state resources and also making concerted efforts towards positioning their states as a cynosure of development in the country.